Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna’s wifeJanuary 1st, 2012 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, Jan 1 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Sunday grilled sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna’s wife Leela Maderna and a Congress legislator’s son in connection with the disappearance of nurse Bhanwari Devi, sources said.
Mahipal Maderna had been arrested by the CBI Dec 3 for his alleged involvement in the case.
“The CBI quizzed his wife at Jodhpur Circuit House for two hours. She had been summoned for verification of some evidence which came up during investigation,” a source close to the investigators told IANS.
He added that Congress legislator Malkhan Singh Bishnoi’s son Mahendra Bishnoi was also quizzed by the agency.
Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, legislator from Luni constituency, has already been arrested.
Bhanwari Devi had gone missing from Jodhpur’s Bilara area Sep 1. Maderna was sacked from the cabinet by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot Oct 16 over allegations that he featured in a sleaze CD with her and had a role in her disappearance. He was later arrested by the CBI Dec 2.
It was alleged that Maderna hired one Sahiram Bishnoi to kidnap the nurse. Sahiram then allegedly assigned the task to Shahabuddin, Sohan Lal Bishnoi and Baldev Jaat alias Balia.
The CBI has arrested the three alleged kidnappers Shahabuddin, Sohan Lal Bishnoi and Baldev Jaat, apart from Sahiram Bishnoi, his friend Umesharam Bishnoi, Bhanwari’s husband Amarchand and Malkhan’s brother Parasram Bishnoi.
The CBI is also carrying out raids in search of Malkhan’s sister Indra Bishnoi.
In a CBI chargesheet filed in court earlier, Shahabuddin, Baliya and Sohanlal were charged with the abduction of the nurse with an intent to kill and criminal conspiracy.
They were also booked under various sections of the Scheduled Castes and the the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna in jail - Jan 03, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Court extends legislator's custody - Dec 31, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Legislator sent to judicial custody - Jan 02, 2012
- Key suspect in missing nurse case surrenders, arrested (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- CBI nabs one more in Bhanwari Devi case - Jan 04, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes arrested legislator's mother - Jan 31, 2012
- CBI arrests two more in missing nurse case - Jan 25, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Judicial custody of five extended till Jan 30 - Jan 16, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI hunts for legislator's sister - Dec 29, 2011
- Bhanwari Devi case: CBI collectively quizzes six accused - Jan 29, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Court extends Maderna's custody - Dec 24, 2011
- CBI brings Maderna to Delhi for questioning - Dec 04, 2011
- CBI arrests one more in missing nurse case - Dec 27, 2011
- Bhanwari Devi case: CBI quiz three accused together - Jan 28, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Suspect's property to be seized - Jan 22, 2012
Tags: abduction, ashok, baldev, bilara, bishnoi, castes, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, criminal conspiracy, disappearance, jaat, kidnappers, lal, legislator, maderna, mahendra, mahipal, rajasthan, sleaze