Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes arrested legislator’s motherJanuary 31st, 2012 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Jan 31 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Tuesday quizzed a Congress legislator’s mother and some of his other relatives in the disappearance of Rajasthan government nurse Bhanwari Devi, sources said.
They were quizzed as the CBI wanted to get a clue about the whereabouts of Indra Bishnoi, sister of arrested Congress legislator Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, the sources said. Indra, a prime suspect in the case is absconding, while Malkhan has been arrested by the agency for his alleged role in the nurse’s disappearance.
“Malkhan’s mother Amari Devi Bishnoi was quizzed for about two hours at the Circuit House in Jodhpur,” sources close to the CBI said.
Sources said that CBI also summoned some other relatives of the legislator including his daughters-in-law.
“Indra Bishnoi is the only prime suspect absconding in the case. The Investigators are trying to trace her location for the past two and a half months,” said sources.
Amari Bishnoi is the wife of late Ram Singh Bishnoi, a prominent leader of Bishnoi community in Rajasthan. He had been a cabinet minister also.
Meanwhile, the judicial custody of former minister Mahipal Maderna and seven other accused was extended till Feb 14 by a court here Tuesday.
“Maderna and seven others including nurse’s husband Amarchand, Sahiram, Umesharam, Kailash Jakhar, Bishnaram, Omprakash and Ashok Bishnoi were produced in the court of the additional chief judicial magistrate here which extended their custody till Feb 14,” said a police official.
It is alleged that three men Shahabuddin, Sohan Lal and Baldev Jat alias Balia kidnapped Bhanwari from Bilara in Jodhpur rural Sep 1, killed her and then handed over her body to a gang of criminals headed by Bishnaram Bishnoi who burnt her to ashes and dumped her remains in a canal.
Bishnaram Bishnoi and his three accomplices, including Kailash Bishnoi, Omprakash Bishnoi and Umesharam Bishnoi, have also been arrested by the CBI.
Bhanwari Devi, shown in a compromising position with Maderna in a CD, had gone missing Sep 1 last year.
According to sources close to the CBI, Maderna and Malkhan Singh were hand-in-glove in the entire conspiracy as the nurse was blackmailing both of them. Maderna was believed to be blackmailed on the basis of a CD showing him in a compromising position with the nurse.
The two politicians allegedly roped in Sahiram Bishnoi, who hired Sohan Lal, Balia and Shahabuddin for the task of kidnapping the nurse. Amarchand was also arrested on suspicion over his involvement in his wife’s disappearance.
- CBI arrests two more in missing nurse case - Jan 25, 2012
- Nurse case: CBI custody of accused extended till Feb 6 (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: CBI collectively quizzes six accused - Jan 29, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Suspect's property to be seized - Jan 22, 2012
- CBI nabs one more in Bhanwari Devi case - Jan 04, 2012
- Protests against 'harassment' of Congress legislator's mother - Feb 03, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Arrested teacher sent to CBI custody - Jan 27, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: CBI quiz three accused together - Jan 28, 2012
- Nurse case: Two accused sent to CBI custody (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Court extends legislator's custody - Dec 31, 2011
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent to Delhi for DNA test (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna in jail - Jan 03, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna's wife - Jan 01, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Another accused gives statement to magistrate - Jan 19, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Setback for CBI as accused refuses to testify - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: accomplices, amari, ashok, baldev, bilara, cabinet minister, cbi, central bureau of investigation, daughters in law, jat, judicial custody, judicial magistrate, legislator, maderna, omprakash, police official, prime suspect, quizzed, ram singh, sohan