Missing nurse case: CBI hunts for legislator’s sisterDecember 29th, 2011 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, Dec 29 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Thursday raided several places in and around Jodhpur in search of a Congress legislator’s sister named in the nurse Bhanwari Devi disappearance case, sources said.
An arrest warrant has already been issued against Indra Bishnoi, the sister of Congress legislator from Luni constituency Malkhan Singh Bishnoi.
It is believed Indra was close to Bhanwari Devi, who is missing since Sep 1 and remains untraced yet.
The CBI is also looking for another suspect, Bishnaram Bishnoi. The agency has announced a cash reward of RS.5 lakh for information on Bishnaram.
“Raids were carried out in search of Bishnaram and Indra at several places in and around Jodhpur,” a source in the CBI told IANS.
“Indra has been summoned for questioning several times over the past 20 days, but she did not turn up. She is missing,” he added.
Notices were posted to her residence warning her of legal action if she did not appear before the CBI for questioning, but she ignored all of these, sources added.
The CBI had claimed in a charge sheet submitted to a court earlier that Shahabuddin, Sohan Lal and Baldev Jaat had kidnapped Bhanwari Sep 1, strangulated her and then handed over her body to a gang of criminals near Newara Road in Jodhpur rural.
CBI sources claim that the gang was headed by Bishnaram Bishnoi, a known criminal who has over 35 police cases registered against him.
In the charge sheet, the CBI claimed that Sahiram Bishnoi had got Bhanwari Devi kidnapped at the behest of sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna.
The nurse allegedly features in a CD showing Maderna in a compromising position with her. The CBI alleged that she was trying to blackmail Maderna on the basis of the CD, following which the politician hired Bishnoi to kidnap Bhanwari Devi.
The agency has already arrested Maderna, Malkhan Singh Bishnoi and the three kidnappers in the case. Sahiram Bishnoi, his friend Umesharam Bishnoi, Bhanwari’s husband Amarchand and Malkhan’s brother Parasram Bishnoi have also been arrested.
- Missing nurse case: Brother of absconding suspect arrested - Dec 30, 2011
- Bhanwari case: Suspect's property to be seized - Jan 22, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes arrested legislator's mother - Jan 31, 2012
- Maderna mastermind in Bhanwari Devi muder: CBI charge sheet - Feb 29, 2012
- CBI arrests two more in missing nurse case - Jan 25, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna's wife - Jan 01, 2012
- Nurse case: CBI custody of accused extended till Feb 6 (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Properties of Congress lawmaker's sister seized - Feb 17, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Judicial custody of five extended till Jan 30 - Jan 16, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: More items recovered (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Court extends legislator's custody - Dec 31, 2011
- Bhanwari Devi case: Arrested teacher sent to CBI custody - Jan 27, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Legislator sent to judicial custody - Jan 02, 2012
- CBI nabs one more in Bhanwari Devi case - Jan 04, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Ashes sent to Delhi for DNA test (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
Tags: arrest warrant, baldev, behest, cash reward, cbi sources, central bureau of investigation, constituency, criminals, disappearance, indra, jaat, kidnappers, lakh, lal, legislator, mahipal, nurse, politician, several times, sohan