Missing documents: CBI moves court against summons (Lead)January 11th, 2012 - 11:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 11 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) director Wednesday moved the Delhi High Court against summons issued to him by a trial court over missing documents related to an alleged land scam here.
The case related to Delhi Vidhan Sabha canteen’s former contractor Ashok Malhotra, who was arrested Aug 6, 2007 along with Municipal Corporation of Delhi and Delhi Development Authority officials for allegedly conspiring to acquire plots - in Molarband in south Delhi and Dheerpur in north Delhi - meant for resettlement of slum dwellers.
The probe agency chief was summoned to explain the circumstances in which facts regarding the missing documents were suppressed in the trial court.
Special Judge A.K. Mendiratta Jan 9 issued notice to the CBI director to appear before it Jan 12.
The plea by the probe agency’s chief is likely to come up in high court Thursday.
The trial court came to know about the missing documents Nov 28, 2011 when it was told by the CBI that the documents and the statements could not be filed in the court as the investigating officer of the case, Inspector D.K. Thakur, was arrested in a corruption case.
The CBI also told the court that the case record was not handed over by Thakur to any other colleague and the documents relied upon by the probe agency could not be recovered from his office.
Special CBI judge in his order said: “Notice be issued to the director, CBI, to appear in person to explain the circumstances in which facts regarding the missing documents were suppressed.”
“The matter is of exceptional nature as the sensitive documents relating to the case have not been placed along with the charge sheet and are stated to be missing,” said the court.
- 'CBI director needn't appear before trial court' - Jan 12, 2012
- 'CBI director needn't appear before trial court' (Lead, correcting year in paras 3,4) - Jan 12, 2012
- Land scam: CBI joint director appears in court (Second Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Missing documents: CBI moves court against summons - Jan 11, 2012
- Land scam: CBI joint director appears in court (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- CWG graft case: Court denies relief to Swiss firm (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Kalmadi wants medical reports under wraps - Aug 05, 2011
- Multi-crore land scam accused continues in Delhi government (IANS Special) - Feb 12, 2012
- Goenka wants to skip 2G hearing (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- CBI will study Swamy's documents on Chidambaram, court told (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- 2G case: CBI to file more documents - Mar 06, 2012
- Court gives CBI papers linked to Abhishek Verma's case - Jul 17, 2012
- Delhi land scam: Charges to be framed against 10 accused - May 05, 2012
- 2G: CBI allowed to present more documents in court - Jan 17, 2012
- CWG graft: Court takes cognizance of CBI charge sheet - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: agency chief, ashok malhotra, authority officials, case inspector, case record, cbi moves court, central bureau of investigation, corruption case, delhi development authority, delhi high court, land scam, municipal corporation of delhi, north delhi, resettlement, sensitive documents, slum dwellers, south delhi, special judge, thakur, vidhan sabha