Missile attack kills four in PakistanNovember 19th, 2008 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Nov 19 (Xinhua) At least four people were killed in a missile attack in northwestern Pakistan Wednesday, reported Geo TV. Unidentified militants fired a missile in Andi Khel area of Bannu district in North West Frontier Province (NWFP), killing four people and injuring several, said the report.
The injured were shifted to a hospital. Security forces cordoned off the area after the incident. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Dawn News channel added that the missile attack was launched from a United States drone.
Pakistan’s tribal areas have witnessed cross-border missile attacks conducted by suspected US drones.
Pakistani government has repeatedly protested the missile strikes in its territory and demanded a halt to such attacks.
- US drone strike kills 4 in northwest Pakistan - Sep 01, 2012
- 22 killed in Pakistan drone strike (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- 10 killed in Pakistan drone strike (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Pakistan air force on high alert - Mar 19, 2011
- Four militants killed in drone attack in Pakistan - Sep 12, 2010
- Four police officers killed as militants target police vehicle, security checkpoint in Pak - Jan 13, 2011
- 21 killed in Pakistan drone strikes (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- 13 militants killed in three US drone strikes in North Waziristan - Nov 04, 2010
- US drone strike kills four in Pakistan - Jun 02, 2012
- 18 killed in US drone attacks in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Oct 02, 2010
- US drone attack kills 22 suspected militants in North Waziristan - Mar 17, 2011
- Three killed, 24 hurt in another mosque attack in Pak's tribal region - Nov 06, 2010
- 6 die in Pakistan drone strike - Oct 13, 2011
- Three killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Three militants killed in US drone strike in North Waziristan - Sep 12, 2010