Missed chances again cost us the game: SangakkaraApril 23rd, 2012 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
Cuttack, April 23 (IANS) Deccan Chargers skipper Kumar Sangakkara blamed another bad fielding show for the five-wicket loss against Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League (IPL) at the Barabati Stadium.
Deccan missed a few golden chances to put the Knight Riders batsmen under pressure as they slumped to their fifth consecutive loss and remained winless in the tournament here Sunday night.
“We got a great start, was a great platform. We should have got 150, but KKR fielded brilliantly. We can talk about another missed catch probably, but we bowled well, and made it difficult for Knight Riders,” he said.
Knight Riders captain Gautam Gambhir praised batsman Manoj Tiwary for taking the team over the line on what could have been a nervy finish.
Gambhir said the pitch was a difficult to bat on as the ball kept low after rain had delayed the start of the match by an hour.
“The wicket was low, credit to Deccan for the way they bowled. It was a matter of applying themselves, and Manoj and the others did that.”
Man of the Match Brett Lee, for taking a wicket and giving away only 15 runs in his four overs, said that the plan was to bowl a lot of slower balls.
“We summed the wicket up pretty well today. We tried to put the new ball up there to try and get the nicks, but then we took pace off it. Only four (overseas players) make it to the XI, a lot of guys miss out, that is the way it is,” the Australian said.
- Knight Riders cruise to five-wicket win over Chargers (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Knight Riders opt to bowl against Deccan Chargers - Apr 22, 2012
- It's about team not individual, says Gambhir - May 28, 2012
- KKR vs Deccan Chargers match at Kolkata washed out - Apr 25, 2012
- Gambhir powers KKR to an imposing total (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- KKR relying on Yusuf Pathan to beat Rajasthan Royals - Apr 15, 2011
- Kochi Tuskers beat Knights in close game (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Sharma blitzkrieg halts Knight Riders' winning streak (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Scoreboard: Deccan Chargers vs Knight Riders, IPL - Apr 23, 2012
- Kallis spearheads Knight Riders to a 9-run win (Lead) - Apr 12, 2011
- Gambhir guides KKR to sixth win - May 01, 2012
- Gambhir guides Knight Riders to sixth win in IPL (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Resurgent Super Kings to clash with Knight Riders (Preview) - May 13, 2012
- Chawla's spell brought us back into the game: Gilchrist - Apr 15, 2012
- IPL 2011: Kallis powers Knight Riders to win over Deccan - Apr 12, 2011
Tags: balls, brett lee, chargers, cuttack, deccan, fifth consecutive loss, gautam gambhir, ipl, kkr, knight riders, kumar sangakkara, manoj tiwary, match, nicks, pace, pitch, premier league, rain, skipper, wicket