Miraculous escape for 140 AI passengersNovember 9th, 2010 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Nov 9 (IANS) More than 140 passengers and crew members of an Air India flight from Srinagar to Delhi had a miraculous escape after the aircraft’s tyre caught fire while taking off from Jammu airport Tuesday evening, officials said.
According to airport sources, the tyre caught fire while the plane was about to take off but the pilot managed to bring the aircraft to a halt.
The passengers were evacuated safely.
The flight had a stopover in Jammu, from where it picked up about 30 Delhi-bound passengers.
- Miraculous escape for 140 AI passengers (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing at Jammu - Jun 13, 2012
- Jet Airways aborts flight after smoke in tyre - Feb 17, 2011
- Plane makes emergency landing in London - Apr 16, 2012
- Alert pilots save 48 passengers aboard Air India plane (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- Close shave for JetLite flight in Lucknow - Jul 29, 2010
- Alert women pilots save over 48 lives aboard Air India plane (Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- Major plane accident averted in Chennai - Sep 24, 2011
- Cargo plane crashes in Karachi, eight dead (Second Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
- Miraculous escape for 141 Air India passengers - Aug 22, 2009
- Plane catches fire at Cairo airport - Jul 29, 2011
- Plane's tyre bursts on landing at Hyderabad airport - Mar 28, 2011
- Plane's tyre bursts while landing at Srinagar - Jun 21, 2010
- Air India flight skids off runway in Kanpur - Jul 20, 2011
- 12 survive plane crash in Argentina - Oct 25, 2010