Minor tied to tree, tonsured for stealing Rs.30September 10th, 2012 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Sep 10 (IANS) A 15-year-old boy was tied to a tree, thrashed and tonsured by a group of people in Odisha in full public view. His offence was that he allegedly stole Rs.30 from the pocket of a villager.
Although the incident took place Sunday in a village near Chandikhol in Jajpur district, about 120 km from here, police swung into action and arrested four people only after a local television channel telecast the footage of the scene Monday.
It showed a group of villagers tying Ganesh Guin, the son of a daily wage earner to a tree, undressing him, tonsuring his head and thrashing him.
After blackening his face, the group also paraded him on the street even as his parents and other villagers helplessly remained as mute spectators.
Police have registered a case and arrested four people in this connection, said P.K. Majhi, chief of the local police station, adding that more people are likely to be booked.
- Abducted Odisha cop killed by Maoists (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Abducted Odisha cop shot dead by Maoists (Third Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Maoists strike again, kill cop in Odisha (Fourth Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Lottery scam: Five foreigners sent to judicial custody - Jul 17, 2012
- Abducted Odisha cop shot dead by Maoists (Second Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Maoist wanted in Jharkhand held in Delhi (Second Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Maoists kill home guard in Odisha ahead of I-Day - Aug 14, 2012
- Eight held for clash in Orissa temple - Feb 08, 2010
- Maoists kidnap cop in Odisha - May 08, 2012
- Five arrested, cops suspended for Friendship Day attacks (Lead) - Aug 02, 2010
- Maoists kill Congress leader in Odisha - Nov 20, 2011
- Maoist camp destroyed in Odisha - Aug 08, 2012
- Maoists scale down demand for Hikaka's release (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Maoists kill Odisha villager - Jul 07, 2012
- Maoists kill BJD worker in Odisha - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,