Minor school girl raped in BengalAugust 3rd, 2012 - 10:25 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 3 (IANS) A minor school girl in West Bengal’s Burdwan district was allegedly raped by a youth when she was returning home from school, police said Friday.
“A class six student of G.N.B. School, Islampur in the district was allegedly raped while she was returning from her school. As the girl could not identify the offender, we are yet to make an arrest. The investigation is on,” said Superintendent of Police S.H. Meerza.
The girl went back to the school and told about the incident to the principal who then reported it to her parents. The girl’s father later lodged a complaint of rape at the Katwa police station.
The girl has been sent for medical checkup.
Burdwan is some 160 km from Kolkata.
- Two arrested for Katwa rape - Mar 03, 2012
- Widow 'gang-raped' by train robbers in Bengal - Feb 26, 2012
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute - Feb 29, 2012
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Minor girl allegedly gangraped in West Bengal - Nov 20, 2010
- Woman in Kolkata alleges rape by tenants - May 19, 2012
- Mamata terms another rape incident fake - Feb 28, 2012
- Bengal girl commits suicide after sexual harassment - Aug 14, 2012
- Two school officials dismissed for negligence in rape case - Sep 26, 2011
- Mamata rule disappoints many women (One year of Mamata Banerjee) - May 18, 2012
- Kolkata RJ accuses industrialist's son of raping her - Jul 16, 2012
- Betrayed in love, undertrial hangs himself in jail - Apr 27, 2012
- Minor sets herself afire after being raped - Jan 27, 2011
- Legislator's rape-accused nephew arrested - Feb 08, 2011