Minor maid held for kidnapping two-year-oldDecember 9th, 2011 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Dec 9 (IANS) A 15-year-old domestic help was Friday arrested here for kidnapping the two-year-old baby of her employers as she allegedly wanted to teach them a lesson for their cruel behaviour, police said.
The juvenile justice board sent her to 14 days in judicial custody.
The accused was since the past three months working as domestic help at the Sector 41 house of Sohel Ghai, who worked with a soft drink company.
On Friday morning, when Ghai’s wife went out to send her elder son to school, the girl quietly slipped into the house and took away the two-year-old baby.
When the mother came back, she found the baby and maid missing and called the police.
“Within two hours, the girl was nabbed from MG Road. She was planning to run away to West Bengal from where she hails,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (east) Maheshwar Dayal told IANS.
“She said her employers allegedly used to abuse and tease her and on several occasions had blamed her of theft,” he said.
- Maid jumps to death in Gurgaon, employers booked - May 14, 2012
- Raped maid rescued in Gurgaon - Apr 20, 2012
- Five arrested for gangraping Gurgaon pub employee (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Couple arrested for harassing minor maids - Apr 27, 2012
- Jaipur toddler drowns in bucket of water - May 15, 2012
- Baby Falak back on ventilator, still critical: Doctor - Feb 12, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, may undergo another brain surgery - Jan 30, 2012
- Woman pub employee gang raped in Gurgaon (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Gurgaon NGO activist held for sexual abuse of minors - May 05, 2012
- More than 400 Afghan women jailed for 'moral crimes' - Mar 29, 2012
- Baby Falak stable for now, but still critical: Doctors - Feb 04, 2012
- Baby Falak still critical, another woman held (Second Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Gurgaon domestic help jumps to death - May 14, 2012
- Maid torture case: No shield against arrest for employers - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: commissioner of police, dayal, deputy commissioner, domestic help, friday morning, ghai, judicial custody, juvenile justice board, maheshwar, mg road, occasions, old baby, soft drink company, three months, west bengal