Minor girl killed by leopard in Mumbai suburbJuly 16th, 2012 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 16 (IANS) The body of a seven-year-old girl, who was attacked and dragged away by a leopard late Sunday, has been recovered from the Sanjay Gandhi National Park in the city suburbs, an official said Monday.
“Sanjana Thorat had gone to attend nature’s call near her house in Shankar Tekdi area of Mulund when a leopard attacked her and dragged her inside the protected area. She was accompanied by her mother who raised an alarm,” a police official said.
Local residents, armed with sticks and axes, rushed into the jungle to save the girl but failed to find her.
The search had to be called off owing to darkness.
The body was found after a team comprising police and forest officials resumed search early Monday.
Earlier, a leopard stealthily entered the premises of filmmaker Subhash Ghai’s institute Whistling Woods International in Goregaon Saturday. However, no loss of life or property was reported.
- Leopard enters Hema Malini's bungalow, vanishes (Second Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Leopard pays a visit to Hema Malini's bungalow - May 27, 2011
- Leopard kills girl - Oct 25, 2011
- Leopard enters Hema Malini's bungalow (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Leopard strays into Nashik colony, attacks three - Mar 26, 2012
- Court asks Subhash Ghai to return land given for film institute - Feb 09, 2012
- Woman mauled, killed by leopard - Mar 12, 2011
- Officials face villagers' wrath over leopard attacks - Nov 09, 2011
- Leopard strikes again in Guwahati - Jan 20, 2012
- Land return: Subhash Ghai to appeal in Supreme Court - Feb 09, 2012
- Leopard kills boy in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 27, 2010
- Ghai celebrates Indian movie centenary with Cinema 100 - Jun 01, 2012
- Leopard enters Hema Malini bungalow, vanishes (Third Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Subhash Ghai to set up film institute in Nigeria - Aug 10, 2012
- State government cheated me, says Subhash Ghai - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: axes, city suburbs, darkness, early monday, forest officials, goregaon, jungle, leopard, mulund, old girl, police official, premises, sanjana, sanjay gandhi national park, Subhash Ghai, suburb, thorat, whistling woods international