Minor girl burnt alive for protesting harassmentFebruary 11th, 2011 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Feb 11 (IANS) A Scheduled Caste minor girl has been burnt alive after she protested to being teased by a youth in Narsinghpur district of Madhya Pradesh, police said Friday.”A few days back, the 15-year-old victim had protested to teasing by Dasrath Choudhary. Yesterday (Thursday), the boy poured kerosene on her and burnt her alive. She was brought to hospital where she succumbed to her injuries today,” Superintendent of Police G.G. Pandey told IANS.
In her dying declaration, the girl told police about the incident. Choudhary has been arrested.
Narsinghpur district is over 200 km from here.
- Dalit girl killed for protesting harassment (Lead) - Feb 11, 2011
- Man burns mother alive in Haryana - Feb 01, 2011
- Minor girl raped, burnt alive - Jan 29, 2012
- Girl alleges rape by legislator's nephew, begins hunger strike (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Legislator's rape-accused nephew arrested - Feb 08, 2011
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011
- Rape victim succumbs to burn injuries - Apr 18, 2012
- Woman hanged, beaten, burnt on pyre - Oct 24, 2011
- Houses set on fire; physically-challenged girl dead - Apr 21, 2010
- Woman burnt alive by priest in Madhya Pradesh town - Jul 11, 2009
- Girl, allegedly raped by legislator's nephew, begins hunger strike - Feb 07, 2011
- Three arrested for burning girl alive - Jun 27, 2009
- Dalit woman burnt alive in Madhya Pradesh - May 27, 2010
- Tension in Haryana village as arson victims' bodies cremated - Apr 23, 2010
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011