Minor girl abducted from Delhi, freed in HaryanaJune 2nd, 2009 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 2 (IANS) Four men, who allegedly abducted a 15-year-old girl from north Delhi in broad daylight Tuesday, were detained in Sonepat town in Haryana and brought back here along with the girl, police said.
The police control room in Delhi received a call Tuesday afternoon from a woman that four men in a Maruti 800 car, bearing a Haryana vehicle registration number, had abducted her niece and fled.
A police officer said that the woman reported that she and her niece were going to buy medicines in Jehangirpuri area, when the four men forced both of them into their car, and drove some distance before dropping her off, and fleeing with the girl.
The Haryana police were immediately informed and the accused were intercepted near the Sector-23 police post in Sonepat.
“The men and the girl have been brought back to Delhi. We are recording the statement of the victim before registering a case and making any arrest. We are looking into the matter and the accused are under detention,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (north Delhi) Sagarpreet Hooda.
However, according to the police, preliminary investigations suggest it was not a case of kidnapping.
“There is some financial dispute between the two sides. It seems that men had settled on taking the girl in lieu of cash. We are investigating the case,” said a policeman.
- Five held in Italy over teenage prostitution - Sep 21, 2012
- Three arrested for Haryana girl's rape, murder (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Two Rajasthan businessmen held for raping Delhi student - Nov 22, 2011
- Woman jumps off building to escape rape bid - Dec 31, 2011
- Delhi BPO rape case: Fourth accused arrested - Dec 05, 2010
- Two nabbed in BPO employee rape case: Delhi Police - Dec 02, 2010
- Three held for gang rape in south Delhi - Feb 18, 2011
- Dhaula Kuan rape: Fourth accused nabbed - Dec 05, 2010
- Delhi BPO rape case: Fifth accused arrested - Dec 07, 2010
- Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi - Aug 29, 2012
- Two held, one surrenders in Delhi's BPO rape case (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Haryana girl's rape, murder case solved - May 27, 2011
- Fifth accused in BPO rape case arrested - Dec 07, 2010
- Police release sketch of one assailant in BPO employee's rape - Nov 26, 2010
- Delhi girl rescued, traffickers arrested - Sep 21, 2011