Minor fire on 20th floor of terror-ravaged Taj Mahal hotelDecember 9th, 2008 - 2:37 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 9 (ANS) A minor fire broke out Tuesday morning on the 20th floor of the Taj hotel, which bore the brunt of the 26/11 terrorist attacks. The fire was brought under control and has not caused much damage, officials said. The fire at the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower Hotel, in south Mumbai, was apparently caused by a short-circuit. It was noticed at around 7.15 a.m. near the restaurant kitchen area of the floor, which is currently not operational.
The fire brigade, which reached the spot within five minutes, managed to bring it under control within an hour, an official spokesperson of the hotel said.
He added that there has been “no additional damage to the property” nor were there any casualties.
The hotel bore the brunt of the 26/11 terrorist attacks, along with the Hotel Trident-Oberoi at Nariman Point. In the Taj siege, 10 staffers lost their lives and 11 were injured.
Among the total 172 casualties in the three-day terror mayhem that rocked the nation, the wife and two children of the hotel’s general manager Karambir Kang were also killed.
- Sarkozy pays tribute to 26/11 martyrs - Dec 07, 2010
- Ten terrorists who held Mumbai to ransom - Aug 29, 2012
- Kasab death sentence: Mumbai court to decide Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Sarkozy honours two hotel executives for 26/11 bravery - Dec 07, 2010
- Kasab weak, weary ahead of 26/11 verdict - Feb 20, 2011
- 26/11, a grim reminder of our perilous neighbourhood: Antony - Nov 26, 2010
- Chidambaram to pay homage to Mumbai terror attack victims - Nov 25, 2010
- Mumbai remembers, prays for 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2010
- Sarkozy salutes 26/11 victims, hits out at Pakistan (Evening Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Three years on, India remembers 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2011
- High court to decide on Kasab death sentence Feb 21 (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Security high in sea, air, land for Mumbai grand finale - Mar 31, 2011
- Terror-hit hotels limp back to normal life (One Year after 26/11) - Nov 25, 2009
- 26/11: India still awaits Pakistan's decisive action (Roundup) - Nov 26, 2011
- 26/11 hero glad his ayurveda treatment approved - Jul 22, 2011