Minor Dalit girl gang raped in Uttar PradeshNovember 17th, 2008 - 3:10 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 17 (IANS) A 16-year-old Dalit girl was abducted and raped by three men in the Kanpur district of Uttar Pradesh, police said Monday.The minor was gang raped Sunday night, allegedly by Puneet, Sunil and Naresh in Kanpur, about 90 km from here. The men are absconding and a case has been registered against them.
“The victim approached us late Sunday night and said three youths of the same village abducted her while she was returning from the market,” Superintendent of Police (Rural) L.B. Srivastava told IANS on phone.
He said the victim has been sent for a medical examination.
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Girija Vyas pulls up Mayawati Govt. over rising rape cases in UP - Feb 07, 2011
- Rahul meets three rape victims in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Girl set afire for resisting rape - Nov 05, 2011
- Main accused arrested in Dalit girl attack - Feb 07, 2011
- Two held for Ghaziabad gangrape - Mar 15, 2012
- 'Create a helpline for rape victims' - Mar 02, 2012
- Rahul travels to Banda village to meet rape victim (Lead, Changing dateline) - Feb 07, 2011
- Rahul's healing touch - visits victims of sexual assault - Feb 07, 2011
- Two held for raping teenager in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 24, 2010
- Minor girl blinded with knife in UP - Jun 19, 2011
- Girls unsafe in Uttar Pradesh, say women's panel, activists (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- India's shame: More violence against women - Feb 08, 2011
- Nine rapes in last two days in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 21, 2011