Minor child killed, five injured in accidentNovember 21st, 2011 - 11:22 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Nov 21 (IANS) A six-month-old child was killed and an MNC executive and his newly-wedded wife and three other occupants of a car were injured when a speeding truck rammed into their vehicle in Ghaziabad Monday, police said.
The incident occurred in the morning on National Highway-58, that links Delhi to Meerut, near Morta neighbourhood.
Arun Kumar, 27, working with an IT MNC at Noida, was returning to his native town of Meerut from Delhi after solemnising his marriage Sunday night with his wife Nishi, 25, when the accident took place.
Arun Kumar’s six-month-old neice was killed. His sister Jaya, 29, brother-in-law husband Sachin, 30, and younger sister Preeti, 23, were injured.
“We have seized the truck after the driver fled from the spot, we are trying to nab him,” said police Circle Officer Praveen Ranjan Singh.
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Mother poisons daughters, self - Nov 08, 2011
- BSP councillor shot at in Ghaziabad - Jun 01, 2011
- Ghaziabad shootout latest twist in mounting extortion trade - Nov 22, 2011
- Suicide by three of a family: Food samples sent for tests - Nov 10, 2011
- Mystery shrouds couple's death in police custody - Jun 08, 2012
- He couldn't tell us exact time of return: Killed doctor's family - May 26, 2011
- Four killed in Ghaziabad road accident - Apr 01, 2010
- Truck crushes three siblings in Greater Noida - Jul 14, 2011
- Three mowed down by speeding vehicle - Aug 23, 2011
- Two of a family killed, five injured in Ghaziabad - Sep 08, 2010
- Aarushi case: Plea for adding glove as evidence - Mar 04, 2011
- Three killed, five injured as bus ploughs into shelter (Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh blast: Alert in towns near Delhi - Oct 14, 2010
- Criminal carrying Rs.50,000 reward killed in Noida - Apr 12, 2010