Minor burnt to death in Delhi slum fireMay 8th, 2009 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) An eight-year-old boy was burnt to death after a fire broke out in a slum cluster here, a fire brigade official said Friday.
The incident took place when fire broke out in one of the slums and spread to the nearby slums near Batla House of Jamia Nagar in south Delhi Thursday evening.
“We received a call about the fire in slum clusters in Jamia Nagar. After the fire was doused, we found the body of a boy in one of the slums. A woman suffered minor injuries. The cause of fire is being investigated,” the official said.
- Woman killed in Delhi factory fire - Jan 26, 2011
- Thousands left homeless as jhuggis gutted in Delhi - Jun 01, 2012
- 100 shanties gutted in Delhi fire (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- One killed in Delhi slum fire - Apr 18, 2010
- Minor fire in Delhi's Connaught Place - Jan 09, 2011
- Four children killed in Delhi slum fire (Lead) - Jan 06, 2010
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Hundreds homeless as shacks gutted in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Two killed in slum fire - Oct 29, 2011
- 70 shanties gutted in fire - Feb 03, 2012
- Labourer injured in fire in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Nine people killed in factory fire - Apr 28, 2011
- Two children burnt alive in Delhi slum fire (Lead) - Apr 01, 2010
- 4 killed, 2 injured in north Delhi fire - Apr 20, 2012
- Fire claims lives of pregnant woman, daughter - May 04, 2012