Minor burnt to death for resisting rapeSeptember 21st, 2011 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 21 (IANS) A minor girl was allegedly burnt to death Wednesday for resisting rape by her teenaged neighbour in Uttar Pradesh, police said. The accused was arrested.
The 14-year-old girl, a native of Musahibpur village, was set afire by her 17-year-old neighbour at her house in Kanpur district, some 80 km from here.
“When the girl was torched, she was alone in the house. Her parents were working out in the fields. With severe burns, the girl was rushed to a hospital where she died,” Police inspector Amrit Lal told reporters.
“Acting on the compliant made by the victim’s parents, we arrested the teenager, who was absconding after the incident,” he added.
- Girl set afire for resisting rape, two held - Oct 31, 2011
- Girl set afire for resisting rape - Nov 05, 2011
- Minor girl raped, burnt alive - Jan 29, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Main accused arrested in Dalit girl attack - Feb 07, 2011
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- Teenager immolates self after rape attempt by youth - Feb 23, 2011
- Two more rape cases reported in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- Teenager set on fire for resisting rape, dies - Mar 28, 2011
- Minor set afire for resisting rape, one held - Sep 01, 2011
- Minor killed for resisting rape - Oct 29, 2011
- Youth arrested for raping, beating teen domestic help - Apr 12, 2012
- Girl burnt to death for rejecting marriage proposal - Jul 24, 2011
- India's shame: More violence against women - Feb 08, 2011
- Teenaged rape victim dies after immolating herself - Feb 07, 2011