Ministers to take final call on Greater Noida airportOctober 21st, 2008 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) A group of ministers (GoM), led by Finance Minister P. Chidambaram, has started a crucial meeting here Tuesday evening to take a final decision on constructing a greenfield airport at Greater Noida.The airport is proposed to come up at Jewar in Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh.
Controversy arose over the proposal as the prevailing norms stipulate that any airport proposal within 150 km of an existing one needs to be examined for implications on existing infrastructure.
The proposed site in Greater Noida is within 150 km of the Delhi airport.
The government had earlier sought legal opinion on the issue and asked Attorney General Milon Banerjee to prepare a report.
- No GoM consensus on proposed Greater Noida airport (Lead) - Oct 21, 2008
- Uttar Pradesh again pushes for airport at Greater Noida - Jun 12, 2010
- Agra residents cry foul over airport in Jewar - Jun 16, 2010
- Cabinet approves new international airport for Goa - Jun 10, 2010
- NOIDA authority nod to Botanical Garden-Kalindi Kunj link - Jul 10, 2012
- Five new airports to come up in two years: Praful Patel - Jul 16, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh for international airport in Greater Noida only - Feb 23, 2010
- BSP MPs urge PM to sanction Greater Noida airport - Apr 21, 2010
- Ajit Singh proposes an airport at Mathura - Jun 11, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012
- Greenfield airport projects delayed, says government - Sep 02, 2008
- Dabolim airport will not be shut for civilians: Parrikar - Jul 19, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway opens, cutting Delhi-Agra run to 150 minutes - Aug 09, 2012
- Bangladesh against fencing at border zero-line: Sarkar - Mar 05, 2012
- Dalit woman gangraped in Greater Noida - Sep 01, 2010