Minister’s kidnapped son still untraced

February 27th, 2008 - 1:29 pm ICT by admin  

Hyderabad, Feb 27 (IANS) The son of Union Minister of State for Coal Dasari Narayana Rao, kidnapped by some unidentified people Tuesday evening, remained untraced. Taraka Hari Hara Prabhu, 35, was kidnapped from a hotel in Chittoor, about 600 km from here.

Police questioned one of the six kidnappers, who was overpowered by some people present at the spot. The questioning of Mani, a native of Chittoor, has not yet enabled the police to trace Prabhu.

The police were conducting searches at various places in and around the town.

Prabhu’s wife Susheela lodged a complaint at One Town police station in Chittoor that some armed men had kidnapped her husband after barging into a hotel where they were staying with their 10-year-old son.

She alleged that the kidnappers also snatched her gold ornaments and money. The incident took place at 6 p.m. and the complaint was filed two hours later.

Prabhu was kidnapped hours after the couple filed a petition in a Chittoor court expressing their desire to live together. They had earlier filed a divorce petition.

Susheela, 30, had complained last year that her in-laws were harassing her for dowry and alleged that the police were not acting on her complaint as her father-in-law was a central minister. Dasari Narayana Rao is also a well-known Telugu film producer.

She had also alleged that her in-laws were unhappy with their love marriage and were trying to get Prabhu married to another girl.

Police said Susheela did not name any suspect in the complaint. Talking to newspersons, she appealed to her father-in-law to take immediate steps to rescue her husband.

“The son of a central minister has been kidnapped but no serious effort is being made to trace him,” she said, and alleged that the police were not acting on her complaint quickly.

“We have no enemies. I don’t know who kidnapped him. I appeal to my father-in-law to immediately do the needful to rescue my husband,” she said.

The couple with their son had reached Chittoor from Hyderabad two days ago to call on Susheela’s relatives.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |