Minister’s brother booked for burning Dalit’s houseJune 27th, 2008 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, June 27 (IANS) Madhya Pradesh Minister of State for Public Works Department (PWD) Narayan Kabirpanthi’s brother and five others have been booked for burning down a Dalit’s house and threatening her family with dire consequences in Sagar district, the police said Friday. Tara Ahirwar, a resident of Sagar’s cantonment locality, filed a complaint Thursday that Kallu Kabirpanthi and five others barged into her house and looted the household belongings before setting afire her clothes and the thatched roof of the house, said P.C. Jain, a police official.
They also beat up the family members with sticks, Tara said in her complainant.
“The minister’s brother Kallu reached our house with five others June 24 night and asked us to vacate it. When we said that we have purchased the house, they set our belongings afire,” she alleged.
According to the police official, Tara alleged that Kallu claimed to be the owner of the house which she had purchased from Babulal Ahirwar a few months ago and threatened her with dire consequences if she and her sons did not vacate it.
Narayan Kabirpanthi was inducted in Shivraj Singh Chouhan’s cabinet a fortnight ago.
- CRPF man, brother held for rape - Feb 10, 2011
- Bangladeshi held for killing senior citizen - Nov 17, 2011
- Minor girl raped, burnt alive - Jan 29, 2012
- Two murders in Delhi within 12 hours - Jul 27, 2012
- Priest held for raping schoolgirl - May 20, 2011
- Man strangles landlord's two kids - Nov 22, 2011
- Youth arrested for raping minor - Mar 24, 2012
- 13-year-old Delhi girl rescued from human traffickers - Sep 05, 2012
- Sonipat teacher pays with life for not allowing cheating - Apr 09, 2012
- Minor gangraped, one held - Sep 03, 2011
- Father rapes daughter in west Delhi - May 19, 2012
- Police officer shot dead in Islamabad - Oct 15, 2011
- Myanmarese refugee held for raping niece - Jun 09, 2011
- 13-year-old girl raped, accused held in Delhi - Mar 11, 2011
- Niece raped by uncle in Delhi - Apr 20, 2012