Minimum temperature to dip in coming daysJanuary 12th, 2009 - 1:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 12 (IANS) If the bright sun over Delhi made you think that the days will be warmer for the rest of the winter season then here is a caution. Fall in the minimum temperature has been predicted by the weatherman for the days to come. The Meteorological department has forecast the minimum temperature to move down to five degree Celsius Tuesday.
The minimum temperature Monday was recorded at 6.5 degree Celsius that was two notches below average for this time of the season while the maximum temperature was 21 degree Celsius. The minimum temperature in the capital Sunday was 8.6 degree Celsius.
“The minimum temperature is likely to fall further in coming days following clear skies. There is no fog over the capital leading to drop in mercury,” an official of the Safdarjung met office told IANS.
All the flights at the Indira Gandhi International Airport here are running on schedule following clear visibility on runways, an airport official said.
However, several trains from northeast, Jammu, eastern Uttar Pradesh and Punjab have been delayed for hours.
- Light fog but sunny day ahead in Delhi - Dec 17, 2010
- Fog disrupts trains, flights (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Snowless but bone-chilling Christmas in north India (Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- Bright, warm day in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Another warm day in Delhi, mercury set to rise (Lead) - Mar 24, 2011
- Foggy New Year's eve in Delhi - Dec 31, 2011
- Bright, warm day in capital - Feb 10, 2011
- Windy Friday in Delhi, mercury to rise Saturday (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi again - Dec 27, 2010
- Hot day in Delhi, mercury to rise Thursday (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Sunny day in Delhi - Mar 27, 2011
- Pleasant Saturday in Delhi, Sunday to be warmer (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- New Year begins on a warm note - Jan 01, 2010
- Cold wave continues in Delhi - Jan 10, 2011
- Warm, clear day in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011