Mine blast injures CRPF men, Maoists raid CPI leader’s house (Lead)June 15th, 2011 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 15 (IANS) Hours after over 100 Maoists raided the house of a Communist Party of India (CPI) leader in Chhattisgarh, the rebels exploded a landmine Wednesday, seriously injuring two Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers, police said.
The injured CRPF men from the 111th battalion were rushed to a hospital while the condition of Nandaram Sodhi, 65, elder brother of former CPI legislator from Dantewada, Mundraram Sodhi, is stated to be critical with bullet injuries.
Both the incidents were reported from Dantewada district where rebels have been carrying out a series of attacks since June 9.
The troopers were returning from Berma village where the house of CPI leader Mundraram Sodhi was raided and set ablaze Tuesday night, officials at the police headquarters here told IANS.
Berma village near Kuakonda is around 400 km south of capital Raipur.
“The Maoists raided Sodhi’s house, branding him a police sympathiser,” said Ankit Garg, Dantewada’s superintendent of police.
Officials said the local rebel unit had been upset that police search teams often stopped at Sodhi’s house during their combing operations in the nearby forests.
CPI national executive member C.R. Bakshi condemned the attack and said that hundreds of party workers in Bastar region, that includes Dantewada district, have been sandwiched between the Maoists and the police.
“The CPI cadres in the entire Bastar region have been harassed and targeted by Maoists allegedly for supporting police while the police accuse them of harbouring Maoists,” Bakshi told IANS.
- Maoists attack CPI leader in Chhattisgarh - Jun 15, 2011
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh police station, no casualty (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Maoist landmine blast kills five CRPF men in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Maoists kill six cops in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- Mass migration from Chhattisgarh villages after shootout - Jul 07, 2012
- Maoists attack police station in Chhattisgarh - Jun 13, 2011
- Landmines recovered in Chhattisgarh - Apr 28, 2011
- Chhattisgarh on alert as Maoists mark anniversary - Sep 21, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Maoist strike cripples Chhattisgarh, 8 cops injured (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Maoists kill special police officer in Chhattisgarh - Feb 14, 2011
- Five policemen killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attacks - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: bakshi, battalion, cadres, communist party of india, CPI, elder brother, harbouring, landmine, legislator, maoists, national executive member, nearby forests, police force, police headquarters, police officials, police search, rebels, reserve police, search teams, sodhi