Minda Industries launches four-wheeler batteryDecember 9th, 2008 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 9 (IANS) Minda Industries Ltd (MIL), part of the Rs.10-billion NK Minda Group, Tuesday launched the four-wheeler variant of its automotive battery brand ‘Vroom’. With the launch of the new variant, the company aims to meet the growing demand of quality batteries both from original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and replacement market, an official statement said.
“Our two-wheeler batteries have received wide acceptance. We are hopeful that the four-wheeler variant will be as well received,” MIL chairman and managing director N.K. Minda said.
MIL controls five percent market share in the two-wheeler battery segment.
The company added that it has initiated talks with several auto majors for selling four-wheeler batteries. “We have already got request for quotes from Maruti and Tata and are awaiting a word from them,” Minda said.
MIL currently supplies two-wheeler batteries to Bajaj Auto.
- Bajaj Auto unveils ultra low cost vehicle - Jan 03, 2012
- Italian firm Sogefi to expand capacity in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Exide to expand in two, four-wheeler batteries - Jul 21, 2011
- Bajaj Auto unveils low-cost four-wheeler (Lead) (With image) - Jan 03, 2012
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- 'No immediate impact of Japanese tsunami on Indian auto sector' - Mar 28, 2011
- Tafe to invest Rs.1 bn to expand battery capacity - Dec 01, 2010
- Indian auto industry in top gear despite global gloom (Flashback 2009) - Dec 25, 2009
- Metro Tyres to invest Rs.100 crore to expand production - Jul 05, 2012
- Auto industry to entice customers with new launches in 2011 - Jan 16, 2011
- Mega-launches, big-ticket announcements at Delhi Auto Expo - Jan 03, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp expects sales to pick up in festive season - Sep 05, 2012
- Bajaj to launch light commercial vehicle - May 13, 2011
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012