Millions swindled from court staff’s provident fundFebruary 16th, 2008 - 9:58 pm ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, Feb 16 (IANS) Over Rs.70 million have been swindled from the provident fund account of the court staff here with a judge filing a police complaint naming some employees. Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Court Judge Rama Jain late Friday filed the complaint at the Kavi Nagar police station here.
According to police, a vigilance team of the audit cell of the Allahabad High Court noticed the swindling and informed the high court. The registrar of the high court ordered the local court here to lodge a first information report (FIR) with the police to initiate legal action against the guilty.
The special judge in her complaint named a functionary as main culprit in addition to the 13 Class-3 employees, 30 Class-4 employees and 39 unidentified outside people.
The Kavi Nagar police, on the complaint, registered a criminal case against 85 people.
- PF scam: court adjourns hearing till March 14 - Feb 18, 2011
- 18 provident fund scam accused discharged - Jun 07, 2011
- Six ex-judges get interim bail in PF scam (Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- PF scam: Hearing put off till March 14 (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Provident fund scam accused judges get bail - Apr 01, 2011
- PF scam: Court threatens warrants against accused judges - Jan 31, 2011
- 26 court employees arrested for swindling provident fund (Lead) - Feb 17, 2008
- One cop held with drugs, four suspended in Ghaziabad - Feb 02, 2011
- Student gangraped in moving car in Ghaziabad, 3 arrested (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Six judges named in provident fund scam - Jul 17, 2010
- Allahabad High Court to file petition against apex court - Dec 03, 2010
- Parents of man who filed gangrape complaint scared for his safety - Feb 07, 2011
- Transporter run over by police van for not paying bribe - Sep 08, 2010
- Apex court stays Ghaziabad provident fund scam trial (Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
- Man abusing Aarushi case judge arrested - Mar 24, 2011