‘…Milkha Bhaag’ shooting to resume after summer breakJuly 6th, 2012 - 7:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 6 (IANS) As north India has been reeling under scorching heat, producer-director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra has decided to halt the shooting of “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag” saying that most of the scenes have to be shot outdoors and this will happen once the weather is bearable.
“We have taken a summer break because it is all outdoors. Once the summer is over, we plan to go back to the north to shoot it,” he said and added, “We are planning to release it sometime next year.”
The film is a biopic on athlete Milkha Singh, fondly called Flying Sikh, and Farhan Akhtar is playing the title role. Sonam Kapoor too features in it.
From thriller “Aks” to social drama “Rang De Basanti”, Mehra, who has worked on various genres, says shooting a biopic is much more challenging than making a pure fiction.
“When I decided to make a film, it threw more challenges for me, because I had not done a film on a true life. I knew everything which I was doing. Each scene has been a big responsibility as it belonged to a real life person. Here the challenge was how to do it in an interesting manner,” he said.
“Fortunately, we have a lovely story to tell. The human interest quotient is very high. Whenever I tell the story to my friends, they like it. The script has been written in a very interesting way,” he added.
With experiential films like “Shanghai” and “Gangs of Wasseypur” succeeding at the box office, the director feels that the Hindi film industry is moving in a positive direction, which is the reflection of a changing society.
“There is always a lot to do than what we are actually doing. We made great cinema in the 1950s and 1960s. Then we lost out because our society lost out and we started moving towards groupism. Now the society is changing again and giving importance to prosperity and education. You see this reflecting in cinema also. And there will be a lot more to give to our people rather than just sheer escapism. It all depends on how the country develops,” he said.
- More painful times ahead for Farhan! - Apr 13, 2012
- Ladakh trip makes Farhan nostalgic - Sep 02, 2012
- Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra mourns loss of mother - Sep 10, 2012
- Rakeysh Mehra teams up with Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy for '...Milkha' - Feb 07, 2012
- Mehra keen to shoot 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' in Pakistan (With Image) - Jan 30, 2012
- Milkha Singh to help Farhan recreate his life on screen - Feb 04, 2012
- Will direct again, but not sure when: Gulzar (Film Snippets) - Feb 15, 2011
- Playing Nehru in '... Milkha Bhaag' huge responsibility: Dilip Tahil - Jun 21, 2012
- Playing Nehru in '... Milkha Bhaag' huge responsibility: Dalip Tahil (Lead, correcting spelling of name) - Jun 21, 2012
- Katy wants to raid Priyanka's closet (Movie Snippets) - Apr 05, 2012
- Farhan's date with Milkha Singh - Nov 12, 2011
- Songs are becoming like jingles: Prasoon Joshi (Interview) - Jul 12, 2012
- Censors out of sync with today's youth: Sonam Kapoor - Dec 22, 2011
- Lambi Race Ka Ghoda! - May 11, 2010
- It's vacation time for Farhan Akhtar (Movie Snippets) - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: 1950s, 1960s, aks, biopic, farhan akhtar, gangs, groupism, hindi film industry, human interest, life person, mehra, north india, positive direction, quotient, sikh, social drama, sonam kapoor, summer break, true life, weather