Military music enthralls audience at CWG closure (Lead)October 14th, 2010 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 14 (IANS) Thousands of people cheered and whistled as massed military bands enthralled the audience at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium with their repertoire of rousing marches at the closing ceremony of the 2010 Commonwealth Games here Thursday evening.
The 650 musicians, comprising 14 brass bands and 17 pipes and drums, were drawn from various regiments and formations of the Indian Army, the Indian Navy and the Indian Air Force.
Marching in perfect unison, they wove intricate patterns on the field of play, ranging from stars to triangles to circles playing such well-loved marches like “Vijay Bharat”, “India Gate”, “Deshon ka Sartaj Bharat”, “Kadam Kadam Badhaye Ja” and “Jai Jai Bharti”, rounding off their routine with the eternal favourite “Sare Jahan Se Achcha”.
- Stirring military musical treat at CWG closing ceremony (Second Lead) - Oct 14, 2010
- Soul-stirring Beating Retreat ends Republic Day celebrations (Lead) - Jan 29, 2010
- Military might, colours of India unfold at R-Day parade - Jan 26, 2010
- Vandemataram, tabla debuts at Beating Retreat - Jan 29, 2012
- Beating Retreat weaves soul-stirring musical evening (Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Martial arts, music...and the cheers don't stop at CWG closing gala (Second Lead) - Oct 14, 2010
- Drass hills lit up as Kargil victory celebrations end - Jul 26, 2009
- Indian forces down the Champs Elysees - Jul 14, 2009
- Indian forces ready to march down Champs Elysees (Lead) - Jul 14, 2009
- Sonu Nigam and son enthrall Trinidad audience - Jun 05, 2012
- Royal Air Force connects to India with 'Chammak challo' (With image) - Mar 10, 2012
- Two new Indian tunes at Beating Retreat this year - Jan 27, 2011
- Bastille Day parade heralds new chapter in India-France ties - Jul 14, 2009
- Gowda vows to implement Yeddyurappa's programmes (Lead) - Aug 15, 2011
- Beating Retreat martial tunes enthral - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: 2010 commonwealth games, bharat, brass bands, closing ceremony, deshon, india gate, indian air force, indian army, indian navy, intricate patterns, jahan, jai jai, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru stadium, kadam, military bands, military music, pipes and drums, sartaj, triangles