Militants fire on soldier near LoCJuly 18th, 2008 - 12:54 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 18 (IANS) A soldier posted at a forward post along the Line of Control (LoC) that divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan was injured when suspected militants fired at him and then escaped. Biswaja from the Assam Regiment was injured Thursday night at Mendhar, about 200 km north of Jammu, said defence spokesperson Lt. Col. S.D. Goswami.
Troops are looking for the militants.
The injured soldier has been moved to the command hospital in Udhampur.
- Dhoni meets soldiers on Kashmir border (Lead,With Image) - Jun 02, 2012
- Dhoni visits border areas in Kashmir - Jun 02, 2012
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
- Youth 'kidnapped' by LeT returns to India from PoK - Jun 13, 2012
- Infiltration bid foiled, Army man injured - Nov 24, 2010
- Indian army chief visits J&K; - Jun 15, 2012
- Army protests as soldier dies in Pakistani firing - Oct 25, 2010
- Pakistan again violates LoC truce - Mar 22, 2012
- Five soldiers buried in Kashmir avalanche - Jan 24, 2012
- All quiet at LoC, day after six-hour firing - May 24, 2010
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Militant killed in infiltration bid on LoC - May 22, 2012
- Army commander visits forward areas on LoC - May 07, 2012
- Army chief warns of terrorist designs - Aug 10, 2011