Militants are an organised force in Pakistan: DailyApril 27th, 2011 - 1:23 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 27 (IANS) The bombing of two Pakistan Navy buses that left four people dead in Karachi makes “it quite clear that the militants remain an organised and determined force”, a Pakistani daily warned Wednesday.
An editorial in the News International said that in what was “obviously a well-planned attack on military personnel”, two buses carrying Pakistan Navy officers to work were hit Tuesday by bombs planted along their routes in the port city of Karachi.
“We know the motive behind the blasts - the navy personnel were targeted as representatives of the state, even though they had no role in devising the policies the militants oppose.
“Others who wear the uniforms of police, the army or security outfits have been targeted in similar fashion before by killers who know nothing of mercy or humanity.”
It said that the Karachi attacks “make it quite clear that the militants remain an organised and determined force. They still have the capacity to plan, to execute and to kill”.
The editorial went on to say that “…it is time for the security apparatus and the political leadership to pull up chairs around a large table and draw up a plan to stop them. Otherwise, we will only see more deaths and with these a further breakdown in order within a state that already faces anarchy”.
- 'Pakistan must give up its double game' - May 24, 2011
- Baloch Liberation Front claims responsibility for attacks on Pak Navy buses - Apr 28, 2011
- Four die, 56 hurt in bomb attacks on Pakistan Navy buses (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2011
- 'Pakistan must sever all links with terror groups' - Apr 06, 2011
- India needs comprehensive plan to fight terror: Pakistani daily - Sep 09, 2011
- Pakistan army faces militancy problem: Daily - Aug 17, 2012
- Four killed in blasts targeting Pakistan Navy buses (Lead) - Apr 26, 2011
- Terror siege at Pakistan military base ends, 14 dead - May 23, 2011
- Five killed, 18 hurt in another Pakistan Navy bus attack in Karachi - Apr 28, 2011
- Shoot at sight orders in Karachi as violence toll mounts - Jul 08, 2011
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 'Give stern punishment to perpetrators of Karachi, Quetta killings' - Aug 01, 2011
- Pakistani daily sizes up new ISI chief - Mar 11, 2012
- Karachi killing: Guilty Rangers must be punished, says daily - Jun 11, 2011
- Heads must roll over Karachi attack, says Pakistani daily - May 25, 2011
Tags: anarchy, army, blasts, bombs, buses, chairs, deaths, fashion, islamabad, killers, military personnel, motive, navy officers, news international, pakistan navy, political leadership, security apparatus, uniforms