Mild tremors in parts of Tamil NaduAugust 12th, 2011 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 12 (IANS) Mild tremors were witnessed in some parts of Tamil Nadu Friday with no damage to property and life being reported.
The tremors occurred around 11.40 a.m. with a magnitude of 3.5 on the Richter scale in the Ariyalur region near Tiruchirapalli, around 320 km from here, the meteorological office here said.
There were reports of tremors in Cuddalore and surrounding areas.
People in Salem, Villupuram, Perambalur districts also said they experienced the tremors.
- Cyclone Thane kills 15 in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry (Third Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Mild quake in Bengal - Nov 11, 2011
- Quake in northeast India, Bangladesh - Jun 23, 2011
- Cyclone Thane kills 33 in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry (Fourth Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Jayalalithaa orders Rs.150 crore for cyclone relief - Dec 30, 2011
- Moderate quake hits northeast India, Bangladesh and Myanmar (Lead, Changing dateline) - Feb 04, 2011
- Mild quake hits Bengal, Bihar - Mar 28, 2012
- Mild quake in parts of Kerala (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 26, 2011
- Mild tremor felt in Odisha - Nov 05, 2011
- Moderate intensity tremor rocks Kashmir (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Andaman jolted, tremors in states (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Mild quake in UP, aftershocks in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Mild tremors felt in Delhi, parts of north India - Jun 20, 2011
- Cyclone Thane to cross near Cuddalore, Puducherry - Dec 30, 2011
Tags: , , , , , ,