Mild tremors in Delhi, HaryanaApril 4th, 2008 - 1:15 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) Parts of Delhi and Haryana experienced mild tremors of 3.4 magnitude late Thursday night, the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) said. According to the IMD, the epicentre of the quake, recorded at 10.56 p.m., was in Sonepat in Haryana, about 40 km from here, at latitude 29.0 north and longitude 77.1 east.
IMD director R.S. Dutta said the tremors were not unusual since Delhi lies in seismological zone IV.
People in many high-rise buildings rushed out of their houses. There were no casualties reported.
- Mild quake in UP, aftershocks in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- 4.9 quake shakes Delhi, suburbs (Fourth Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- 4.9 quake shakes Delhi, suburbs (Third Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- 5.6 magnitude quake felt in Kashmir Valley - Jul 19, 2012
- Quake jolts India-Myanmar border - Jul 15, 2012
- Sikkim quake India's fourth in September - Sep 18, 2011
- Panic as 4.9 tremor shakes Delhi, adjoining areas (Fourth Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Tremors felt in Himachal Pradesh - Mar 21, 2011
- Mild quake in UP, tremors felt in Delhi - Mar 13, 2012
- Mild tremors felt in Delhi, parts of north India - Jun 20, 2011
- Quake-prone Delhi lacks safety measures: Expert - Sep 08, 2011
- Moderate quake jolts Gujarat (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Quake hits Argentina - Oct 07, 2011
- Japan issues tsunami alert after 7.4-magnitude quake (Second Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Moderate tremors in north India, no casualties (Lead) - Apr 04, 2011