Mild quakes in Maharashtra, GujaratApril 14th, 2012 - 1:27 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 14 (IANS) Two mild earthquakes, measuring 4.5 and 4.9 on the Richter scale, shook Gujarat and Maharashtra here Saturday, a top weather official said.
The first tremor was felt at 8.53 a.m. in Gujarat with the epicentre in Bhuj, said Director, Weather Forecasting, West, Rajeev Nair.
Barely two hours later, at 11.05 a.m. another quake was felt, this time with the epicentre in Satara district of western Maharashtra, he said.
“We are still awaiting details of the impact of these two tremors, but so far there are no reports of any human casualties or damage,” Nair told IANS.
In the second, slightly stronger tremor, several parts of Mumbai, Thane, Raigad, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Satara, Pune and surroundings were shaken. But there was no panic reported.
- Three minor quakes in Maharashtra, Gujarat (Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Western, coastal Maharashtra jolted - Dec 12, 2009
- Cheers as monsoon hits Maharashtra early - Jun 06, 2012
- Mild quake in UP, aftershocks in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Mild tremors felt in Delhi, parts of north India - Jun 20, 2011
- Earthquake in northeast - Jul 15, 2012
- Quake rattles Maharashtra - Sep 19, 2011
- Low-intensity quake in northeast - Sep 07, 2012
- One dead as Goa-Mumbai bus plunges into ravine - Jun 12, 2012
- Hazare to start Maharashtra tour for Lokayukta bill - Apr 30, 2012
- Panic as 4.9 tremor shakes Delhi, adjoining areas (Fourth Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Mild tremor in Mumbai, western Maharashtra - Nov 14, 2009
- Heavy rains continue in Maharashtra - Sep 04, 2012
- Mild quake in UP, tremors felt in Delhi - Mar 13, 2012
- NDMA to train MCD to spot unsafe buildings: Reddy - Mar 11, 2012