Mild quake in Idukki, Kottayam districtsJuly 26th, 2011 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
Idukki, July 26 (IANS) The hilly district of Idukki and some parts of Kottayam district of Kerala experienced a nild tremor of 3.8 on the Richter scale.
The epicentre of the quake is not yet known.
“It was around 1 p.m. and we were waiting on the road and we could feel the earth shaking under our feet,” said a man waiting at a bus stop near Idukki.
The quake was also reported near the Mullaperiyar dam, over which Kerala and Tamil Nadu are at loggerheads.
A second quake was also experienced in the hilly district at 2.14 p.m.
There have been no reports of any losses, except of a few window panes cracking.
Scientists at the state-owned Centre for Earth Science Studies in the state capital have begun analysing the data.
- Mild quake in parts of Kerala (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 26, 2011
- Slight tremors in Kerala's Idukki district - Nov 26, 2011
- Tremors, movie focus attention on controversial dam (Letter from Kerala) - Nov 27, 2011
- Kerala wants national parties' clear stand on Mullaperiyar - Nov 25, 2011
- Kerala seeks new dam, protests erupt against Tamil Nadu - Nov 28, 2011
- CPI-M politburo resolution on dam faulty, says Achuthanandan - Dec 02, 2011
- Kerala, Tamil Nadu officials to discuss Mullaperiyar dam - Dec 05, 2011
- Kerala presses for new dam with demonstrations, shutdown - Nov 29, 2011
- Mullaperiyar dam talks shift to Delhi - Dec 01, 2011
- Opposition will raise funds to build new dam: Achuthanandan - Nov 30, 2011
- Union minister's Mullaperiyar remark irks Kerala - Jan 16, 2012
- Kerala again speaks of new Mullaperiyar dam - Jan 03, 2012
- Kerala assembly restates stand on Mullaperiyar Dam - Dec 09, 2011
- Mullaperiyar Dam: Chandy briefs Tamil Nadu media - Jan 07, 2012
- Will lead all party delegation to PM on Mullaperiyar: Chandy - Dec 07, 2011