Milad-un-Nabi celebrated in Andhra PradeshMarch 10th, 2009 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 10 (IANS) Traditional festivity and religious fervour marked Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi, the birth anniversary of Prophet Mohammed, in Hyderabad and other parts of Andhra Pradesh Tuesday.
Public meetings and rallies were held where speakers exhorted Muslims to strictly follow ’seerat-e-tayyaba’ or the holy life of the Prophet. Feeding of the poor was organised by individuals and organisations to mark the occasion.
Muslims also celebrated the day cooking special dishes.
Mosques, shops and houses were illuminated and decorated in the Muslim-majority old city of Hyderabad and parts of Secunderabad. Green flags were seen on buildings, traffic signals, lamp posts and high-rise structures.
‘Naat-e-shareef’ or poems in praise of the Prophet were played over loudspeakers. Holding green flags, youngsters took out motorbike rallies and raised slogans of ‘Allah-o-Akbar’ or God is great.
Muslims account for 40 percent of Hyderabad’s seven million population.
Thousands attended the annual ‘Jalsa-e-Rahmatullilalameen’ organised by the Majlis-e-Tameer-e-Millat at the sprawling Exhibition Grounds in the heart of the city Tuesday. The Sunni United Forum of India, comprising several religious organisations, celebrated the occasion as ‘peace day’ and took out a procession from the historic Mecca Masjid.
The Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) also organised a massive meeting at Darussalam, the party headquarters, Monday night.
Milad was also celebrated in other parts of the state, especially in towns like Karimnagar, Nizamabad, Warangal and Adilabad.
- Milad celebrated with gaiety in Hyderabad - Feb 05, 2012
- Eid-e-Milad celebrated in Andhra Pradesh - Mar 21, 2008
- Seminary asks Muslims to avoid ostentation on Mawlid - Feb 03, 2012
- Mumbai celebrates Eid-e-Milad - Feb 05, 2012
- Police stop religious procession on Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi in Srinagar - Feb 27, 2010
- Shutdown in parts of Hyderabad on Babri anniversary - Dec 06, 2010
- Pakistani scholar's Gujarat remarks spark row - Mar 01, 2012
- Thousands offer prayers at Valley's Hazratbal shrine - Feb 16, 2011
- Pakistan celebrates Milad-un-Nabi - Feb 05, 2012
- Andhra parties, Muslim groups appeal for peace - Sep 23, 2010
- Lucknow prays for peace on Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi - Mar 10, 2009
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi celebrated across the country - Mar 11, 2009
- Kashmir prays for peace on Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi - Mar 10, 2009
- Muslim groups demand fresh probe into Mecca Masjid blast - May 03, 2010
- Telangana celebrates liberation day amid tension, arrests - Sep 17, 2011