Mika, Shaan together in movie?August 3rd, 2012 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) Popular Punjabi singer Mika says he is set to feature in a film titled “Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaye”, which will also star singer Shaan.
“My friend Sunil Agnihotri (director) is making a film in which he had cast Shaan. Later, (production banner) T-series said ‘If you club Shaan and Mika, it would be great.’ So we are doing a movie,” Mika told IANS.
“I am happy that someone thought that I can work in their film. The name of the film is very funny,” he added.
Mika and Shaan’s style of singing is as different as chalk and cheese. The two have so far never sung any number together, but will be collaborating on a song in this movie.
“Shaan was laughing about the fact that we are friends since so many years, but we have never sung a song together. We thought do we need to do a movie in order to sing together,” he said with a bout of laughter.
However, Shaan and Mika shared the stage together in singing reality show “Music Ka Maha Muqqabla” in 2009. Mika says they will be seen on the big screen by the end of this year or early next year.
For now, he is busy judging channel Life OK’s stand-up reality show “Laugh India Laugh”.
Mika is a known name in the world of music, and has scored chartbusters like “Mauja hi mauja”, “Subah hone na de”, “Pungi” and “Desi beat”. He feels the new breed of aspiring singers is too confident. He advises them it is important to understand that talent and business are two different things.
“The problem is that newcomers are too confident and they don’t want to search for a path. Talent and business are two different things. You might have talent but you should know how to sell it as well. They practice a song and sing it but people don’t know who the singer is,” he said.
The 28-year-old feels newcomers should be clear about what they want and not get distracted.
“It is very important for newcomers to know what they want. It is popularity plus money. They get distracted and think that they will get busy. They should just go for things which give them popularity,” he said.
- Mika has unique voice: Big B - Apr 23, 2012
- Mika recreates 'Vande Mataram' his way! (With Images) - Aug 07, 2012
- Will Saif's item number overshadow Kareena's 'mujra' - Mar 17, 2012
- Now Mika wants to lend voice for Amitabh, Aamir - Mar 14, 2012
- Shahid, Priyanka's 'Uff' moment at IIFA Rocks - Jun 09, 2012
- Mika floors Jeff Jarrett with his tunes (With Images) - Jan 27, 2012
- Shaan turns actor, finds dancing tough - Aug 27, 2012
- Bollywood swayed to retro beats this year (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 19, 2010
- Rawness core of 'Vicky Donor' music album (IANS Music Review) - Apr 11, 2012
- Balle balle! Punjabi music is flavour of Bollywood - Mar 09, 2011
- 'Pungi Baja De' is an original track: Dinesh Vijan - Mar 19, 2012
- Lets have tobacco-free youth, urges Shaan - Feb 02, 2012
- Mika to quit music industry if eliminated from reality show? - Jan 29, 2010
- Bollywood not obligated to absorb TV talent: Babul Supriyo - Jul 13, 2012
- 'Sur Kshetra' no less than India-Pakistan cricket match: Reshammiya - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: aspiring singers, chalk and cheese, desi, India, laugh, laughter, money, new breed, New Delhi, newcomers, popularity, pungi, punjabi singer, reality show, show music, singer shaan, two different things, world of music