Mid-Day Meal scheme: action against teachers for irregularitiesNovember 5th, 2008 - 5:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 5 (IANS) As many as 70 teachers of different government-run primary schools in Uttar Pradesh will face action for irregularities in the Mid-Day Meal (MDM) scheme sponsored by the central government, an official said Wednesday.”These teachers are from 25 primary schools in Etah district. They were not regular in providing lunch to their students under the MDM scheme,” J.S. Satya, official in-charge of basic education in the district, told IANS.
“In some schools, like those in Jajlapur village in Etah, we came to know that lunch under MDM scheme was not provided to them (the students) since 2006,” he added.
On taking action against the teachers concerned Satya said: “Depending upon their involvement in committing irregularities in MDM, the teachers would be suspended or their services terminated.”
Etah is about 300 km from state capital Lucknow.
About 150,000 schools are covered under the MDM scheme in Uttar Pradesh.
Under the scheme, lunch is provided to students till Class 8. Over 18.6 million students are enrolled under the scheme in the state, officials said.
- 105 schools to face action for mid-day meal irregularities - May 20, 2009
- Mid-day meal: 10 schools face action for irregularities - Nov 20, 2008
- Uttar Pradesh teachers to face action for mid-day meal anomalies - Jan 10, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh school replaces Dalit cook with Brahmin - Aug 26, 2009
- 70 schoolkids fall ill after being given iron tablets - Dec 03, 2010
- Students refuse food cooked by Dalits, principal suspended - Jul 09, 2010
- 48 students fall ill after having mid-day meal - Jul 14, 2011
- Over 100 students fall ill after medication at health camp - Dec 14, 2010
- Mid-day meals bungle lands 17 Uttar Pradesh principals in soup - Sep 26, 2008
- Action against three Uttar Pradesh schools making students cook meals - Mar 06, 2009
- Students in Uttar Pradesh refuse to eat food cooked by Dalit - Jan 27, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh to set up students' lunch helpline - Jun 22, 2009
- Computers to monitor midday meal scheme - Aug 02, 2011
- Hot oil poured on child seeking mid-day meal - Nov 13, 2008
- Wanted: Good Samaritans to adopt Agra schools! - Nov 29, 2011