Michael Vaughan eager to play against IndiaNovember 26th, 2008 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 26 (IANS) Former England captain Michael Vaughan is eager to make a comeback to the national side in the Test series against India and feels he is prepared to hold the bat again.Vaughan stepped down from the captaincy after England’s humiliating Test series loss to South Africa in August. He then opted to take a break and pulled himself out from ongoing the India tour.
Vaughan began his comeback this week, with the England Performance squad in Bangalore ahead of the two Tests.
“I feel very refreshed in my mind,” Vaughan was quoted as saying in The Times.
“At the time of selection for India, I did not think I’d want to play before Christmas. Then, three or four weeks ago, sitting on a sun lounger, I said to Nicola (his wife), ‘I’ve got to get out and play.’”
Watching the one-dayer at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Vaughan said: “You just get that buzz. The feeling of wanting to go out and raise my bat has arrived again. There are some good players in the England squad, but if I get my game going, I feel I can force my way back.”
Despite England’s disastrous showing in India, Vaughan believes new skipper Kevin Pietersen is going nicely.
“He has been asked at an early stage to go to the hardest place in the world, India. I am impressed by the team’s good spirits. The captain’s job is to keep the side high when it is getting bashed. He is doing a good job there.”
- Tough days ahead for Strauss-led England: Vaughan - Dec 11, 2011
- Simmons keen to play in ODIs against England - May 09, 2012
- Warne says England are "cocky" about their Ashes chances - Nov 04, 2010
- Gavaskar slams India-Pakistan cricket series' revival - Jul 16, 2012
- Tendulkar back; big chance for India's GenNext against Windies - Nov 05, 2011
- Pietersen will be England's X-factor, feel Vaughan and Warne - Jul 16, 2011
- Strauss is defensive, Dhoni thrives on aggression: Vaughan - Jul 16, 2011
- ICC's decision to abolish runners is harsh: Yuvraj - Jul 01, 2011
- Narine delighted with form in wake of England slump - Jul 03, 2012
- Clarke named new Australia captain - Mar 30, 2011
- Vaughan sees England replacing India as world number one - Dec 09, 2010
- Harbhajan will benefit from tough competition: Kapil - Nov 10, 2011
- Adams backs Sammy as Windies skipper - May 10, 2012
- England's superior bowling will win them series: Boycott - Jul 27, 2011
- England might test Tendulkar with short balls: Vaughan - Jul 13, 2011