Michael Douglas to get lifetime achievement awardOctober 7th, 2008 - 7:13 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Oct 7 (DPA) Actor Michael Douglas is to be honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award of the American Film Institute, the prestigious organisation announced Monday.The 64-year-old star of “Traffic” will not be honoured for his acting skills as much as his producer kudos and will follow in the footsteps of his father, Kirk, who received the same award in 1991.
“I am honoured and overwhelmed to be included in such a prestigious group of filmmakers. I am particularly moved to be following my father 18 years later,” Douglas told Variety.
“Michael Douglas is the rightful heir to the throne of the royal family of American film,” said Howard Stringer, chair of the AFI board. “Though he is most beloved as one of the great leading men of the movies, Michael is also a most accomplished film producer and, ultimately, an artist whose films have been elevated in the pantheon of American film.”
Douglas won an Academy Award for acting in “Wall Street”, and was a producer of the multiple Oscar-winning “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” in 1975.
- Douglas to be honoured with award for film excellence - Sep 09, 2011
- Michael Douglas to be honoured with lifetime achievement award - Oct 07, 2008
- Michael Douglas, Who Suffers From A Tumorous Throat, To Undergo Treatment - Aug 17, 2010
- Douglas to present award at Oscars - Feb 21, 2012
- Catherine Zeta-Jones takes marriage tips from father-in-law - Feb 14, 2011
- Morgan Freeman to get lifetime achievement award - Oct 13, 2010
- Michael Douglas says cancer has shown him what family really is - Nov 30, 2010
- Michael Douglas to receive Icon Award next month - Dec 29, 2010
- Freeman to be honoured with AFI lifetime achievement award - Oct 12, 2010
- Michael Douglas vows to act again after undergoing cancer treatment - Dec 01, 2010
- Cancer-stricken Douglas regrets neglecting fatherhood for movie carrier - Sep 06, 2010
- Michael Douglas In Deliberations To Pen An Autobiography Purportedly - Jan 17, 2011
- For Jones, Douglas is the man - Feb 13, 2011
- Michael Douglas Honored With Life Achievement Award At AFI - Jul 20, 2009
- Catherine Zeta-Jones pays tribute to hubby Michael Douglas - Jun 13, 2009