MGR’s relative murdered, property dispute suspectedJune 6th, 2008 - 1:04 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 5 (IANS) A nephew of the wife of former Tamil Nadu chief minister M.G. Ramachandran was killed here Wednesday night over a dispute over the property of the Tamil film icon. Police were Thursday interrogating another close relative in connection with the murder. Vijayan was allegedly beaten to death with sticks in Alwarpet in the southern suburbs of the city. He was carrying on a campaign against the executors of the will of MGR.
MGR’s widow Janaki Ramachandran had left behind huge property worth around Rs.150-200 million. MGR had no children and willed his property to his wife, who in turn left it to a trust to be handled by MGR’s lawyer N.C. Raghavachari. After the lawyer died, he willed that it would be executed by Rajendran, another nephew.
Vijayan was attacked Wednesday night. He was rushed to Apollo Hospital, but died on the way, police said. He had head injuries which appeared to have been inflicted with an iron rod, his wife Sudha said.
Rajendran is being questioned, said city Police Commissioner R. Sekhar. “We hope to crack the case very soon. We have all the leads,” he said.
- MGR relative's murder close to being solved: police - Jun 06, 2008
- Former DMK minister Ramachandran arrested - Apr 11, 2012
- Stalin, Tamil Nadu ministers pay tributes to MGR - Jan 17, 2011
- Karunanidhi's first son admitted to hospital - Apr 02, 2011
- Silambarasan Becomes STR - Jul 22, 2010
- AIADMK men attack Tamil magazine office (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Chennai cops fail to make headway in MGR kin's murder - Jun 09, 2008
- MGR relative's murder case handed over to CID (Lead) - Jun 10, 2008
- AIADMK steps into 39th year - Oct 17, 2010
- Vijaykanth To Do Kizhakku Africavil Raju - May 28, 2010
- Bhupen Hazarika's cremation wish was not met - Jan 13, 2012
- Relative arrested for murder of MGR kin (Lead) - Sep 08, 2008
- Cameron's dad gives him tax free 300 K pounds - Dec 31, 2010
- Private doctors strike work in Tamil Nadu - Jan 05, 2012
- Lucky for some! Mamata added to list of 13 women chief ministers - May 13, 2011