Mexico plane crash toll rises to 13November 6th, 2008 - 4:20 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Nov 6 (Xinhua) The toll in Wednesday’s plane crash here rose to 13, officials said. Mexico’s Interior Minister Juan Camilo Mourino was among the dead.The aircraft that took off from the central Mexican state of San Luis Potosi was preparing to land in Mexico City at the time of the accident.
Thirteen people, including four crewmembers, were killed in the crash, government prosecutor Miguel Angel Mancera said Wednesday.
Earlier, some of the seriously injured passengers have been rushed to a hospital for treatment, but they later succumbed to their injuries.
Currently, the cause of the crash is being investigated.
- Mexican interior minister killed in helicopter crash - Nov 12, 2011
- Mexico's interior minister dies in plane crash - Nov 05, 2008
- Mexican plane crash blamed on human error - Nov 05, 2009
- Two die as chopper crashes on Mexican street - Oct 22, 2011
- Two held for murder of Mexican actress - Dec 31, 2011
- U.S. and Mexico offer $5.8 million reward for information regarding shootings of 2 ICE agents - Mar 31, 2011
- Storm kills 16 in Mexico - Jul 04, 2011
- 11 survive Russian plane crash (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Investigators find black box at Mexican plane crash site (Lead) - Nov 06, 2008
- 14 bodies found in van in Mexico - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympics: Mexican president lauds divers for silver medal - Jul 31, 2012
- At least 7 killed as Airbus A300 cargo plane crashes near airport in northern Mexico - Apr 15, 2010
- GM to invest $540 mn in engine plant in Mexico - Jan 21, 2011
- 14 dismembered bodies found in Mexico - Jun 09, 2012
- Spanish singer honoured in Las Vegas - May 29, 2011