Mexican judge in hot water for racy Facebook postingsJuly 27th, 2011 - 12:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mexico City, July 27 (IANS/EFE) A Mexican judge is under fire after filling his Facebook page with photos of bikini-clad women, accompanied by racy commentary.
“I appeal to the democratic coexistence of our society. I appeal to the unalienable right that is free expression,” Emiliano Zapata Sandoval, an administrative judge in the state of Nayarit, said Tuesday on Facebook, responding to criticism of his earlier postings.
He complained of a media and internet “lynching” that “reeks of fascist intolerance”.
Sandoval traveled last weekend to the Caribbean resort of Cancun with his girlfriend, Nayarit Deputy Attorney General Elia Quintana, who was there to attend a work-related seminar.
While Quintana was attending lectures and workshops, the judge, a Facebook and Twitter enthusiast, loitered by the hotel swimming pool.
Using his cell phone to surreptitiously take photos and video, he compiled and uploaded to Facebook an account that reflects an enormous fascination with foreign women, or “gringas”.
Several of the photos of his unwitting subjects were accompanied by captions such as “Don’t tease me, gringa, because the flesh is weak”.
Sandoval also proclaimed on Facebook that if he were governor of Nayarit, he would declare it the “patriotic duty” of every man in the state to “Make love to a gringa!”
In another posting, he said his constant staring at one woman at the pool had brought him a dirty look from her husband.
“I have chosen to stop looking at his wife’s backside, in function of the principle of Mexican foreign policy: ‘respect for the other’s backside is peace’,” the judge said in an irreverent twist on President Benito Juarez’s maxim that “among individuals, as among nations, peace is the respect for the rights of others”.
Sandoval came to prominence in April after journalist Jorge Vargas published a Facebook message in which the judge told the reporter to leave Nayarit within 24 hours or be killed.
- Mexican doctor criticised for OT photos on Facebook - Apr 20, 2012
- Heavy rains, flooding batter Mexico - Oct 14, 2011
- Eight slain at birthday party in Mexico - Apr 28, 2011
- Musician blends mariachi with country - Jul 25, 2012
- Nine bodies found on Mexican highway - Aug 21, 2011
- Five slain at Mexican hospital - Mar 03, 2012
- Judge shot dead in Guatemala - Feb 16, 2011
- Mexican singer appears in court to answer rape charges - Jan 24, 2011
- Nine bodies found in Mexico - Jan 14, 2011
- Accused of rape, Mexican singer held in US - Jan 22, 2011
- World's richest man to set up art museum in Mexico - Jan 23, 2011
- Singer Ana Barbara pregnant - Aug 18, 2011
- Mexico extradites former governor to US - May 10, 2010
- `Mexico must look into obstacles to press coverage' - Jul 05, 2012
- Mexico ships 273 inmates to island prison - Oct 24, 2011
Tags: administrative judge, backside, bikini clad women, captions, caribbean resort, coexistence, deputy attorney general, elia, facebook, foreign women, free expression, jorge vargas, mexico city, patriotic duty, president benito juarez, quintana, reeks, swimming pool, unalienable right, zapata