Metro worker dies after falling at under construction trackNovember 23rd, 2008 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 23 (IANS) A Metro worker died after he fell at an elevated stretch of the under-construction Delhi Metro corridor in west Delhi early Sunday, police said.The accident took place at 2.00 a.m. in Mundka area on the under-construction Inderlok-Mundka Metro corridor and police said there was no first aid available at the site.
“The worker identified as Hiten Rai slipped and fell on his face when he was working alongside the under-construction track on the concrete safety valve. He was seriously injured on his face, his nose was broken and he was bleeding profusely,” said the investigating officer.
Rai, 40, who hit his head on some iron rods lying on the track was taken to Sanjay Gandhi Hospital in Mongolpuri where he was declared “brought dead”.
“There was no first-aid available at the elevated stretch. However, there is no negligence on part of DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation). The man was wearing the safety helmet and boots given,” the police official added.
DMRC spokesperson Anuj Dayal said: “The man was working along the track and slipped. There is no negligence on the part of DMRC; we are just in the public eye owing to past mishaps. However, details are being worked on.”
Earlier in the month, two people were killed as a tractor dumped mud on them even as they slept at a Metro site in Nangloi.
- Delhi Metro starts trial runs on Lajpat Nagar section - Jul 23, 2010
- Metro starts trial runs up to Badarpur - Oct 26, 2010
- Delhi Metro to open Inderlok-Mundka line in March - Feb 21, 2010
- 25 trains to ply on Metro's Central Secretariat-Badarpur route - May 27, 2010
- Inderlok to Mundka Metro starts Saturday - Apr 02, 2010
- One killed at metro site, DMRC says nothing major (Lead) - Jul 22, 2009
- One killed at Delhi Metro site, third accident in 10 days (Second Lead) - Jul 22, 2009
- Kirti Nagar-Ashok Park Metro trial run started - Jul 14, 2011
- 60,000 commuters ride new Metro line on day one - Apr 03, 2010
- Another accident at Delhi Metro site, one killed (Third Lead) - Jul 22, 2009
- DMRC signs MoU with Haryana for Badarpur-Faridabad link - Mar 26, 2012
- Labourer killed at Jaipur Metro construction site - Mar 04, 2012
- Delhi-Noida metro will be operational by December (Lead) - Sep 25, 2009
- Construction work on Badarpur-Faridabad Metro link begins - Mar 28, 2012
- Delhi Metro begins trial runs on new standard gauge line - Jul 29, 2009