Metro to start international flight check-insFebruary 21st, 2012 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 21 (IANS) The high-speed Airport Metro will start international check-in facility at two Metro stations from Thursday, an official said Tuesday.
“International fliers will be able to check in their baggage at the New Delhi and Shivaji Stadium stations from Thursday,” said a spokesperson of Reliance Infrastructure, which operates the line.
Airport Metro completes one year of operation Thursday.
“Air India will begin check-in of passengers baggage from Thursday at the two stations while Jet and Kingfisher will follow,” the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson said talks were on with other airlines.
“International flyers can collect boarding passes at the metro station and go for security check at the airport, totally hassle free,” said Anil P. Gupta, president of Reliance Infrastructure.
The Airport Metro already has check-in-facility for domestic fliers.
The 23-km Airport Metro, with six stations, connects New Delhi railway station with the Indira Gandhi International airport in 18 minutes. It has a ridership of 20,000 commuters.
- Metro starts check-in for international flyers - Feb 23, 2012
- Delhi Tourism sets up kiosks at two Airport Metro stations - Mar 15, 2012
- Domestic flights' check-in opens on Airport Metro line - Jun 10, 2011
- 15,000 people daily travel on airport Metro - Sep 11, 2011
- Airlines to begin check-in on Airport Metro from Friday - Jun 09, 2011
- Airlines to begin check-in on Airport Metro from Friday (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012
- Airport Metro starts cloak-room service - Feb 28, 2012
- Airport Metro's two new stations open Monday - Aug 15, 2011
- 9,000 people travel on Airport Metro daily - May 04, 2011
- Delhi Metro's airport line likely to open next week: Official - Jan 07, 2011
- Delhi Metro's airport line gets safety clearance, to begin soon (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- Delhi Metro's airport line gets safety clearance - Jan 10, 2011
- Airport Metro goes hi-tech with wi-fi connectivity - Jan 12, 2012
- Efforts on to start Metro's Airport Express Line before Games - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: air india, anil, boarding passes, commuters, fliers, flight check, flyers, gupta, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, international flight, kingfisher, metro station, metro stations, New Delhi, railway station, ridership, security check, shivaji, spokesperson