Metro services disrupted after death on trackMarch 7th, 2009 - 10:25 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 7 (IANS) Delhi Metro services were disrupted Saturday morning after a train ran over an unidentified person at the Chawri Bazaar station in what could be a case of suicide, an official said.
“A metro train ran over a person at about 8.15 a.m. It seems to have been an attempt to commit suicide,” Anuj Sayal, spokesperson for the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), told IANS.
“We are trying to remove the body. Metro operations have been disrupted due to this,” he added.
- Girl commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Mar 25, 2012
- Man jumps before Delhi Metro, dies (Lead) - Mar 07, 2009
- Fourth suicide at Delhi Metro premises in 6 days (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Man attempts suicide at Delhi metro station - Aug 06, 2010
- Technical snag on Metro leaves passengers stranded - Sep 05, 2010
- Snag leaves Metro commuters stranded in tunnel - Jun 07, 2011
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Jun 04, 2012
- Angst plus stress equals more suicides at Metro stations - Mar 13, 2012
- With rising ridership, Delhi Metro to have more gates - Jun 20, 2012
- Closing ceremony spectators preferred Metro for travel - Oct 15, 2010
- DMRC engineers other Metro projects - Dec 03, 2010
- Delhi Metro tries to curb suicides at stations - Sep 06, 2012
- Extra Metro trips on Bhai Dooj - Oct 27, 2011
- Remove tobacco ads from Metro: NGO tells DMRC - Jun 01, 2012
- Signal snag hits thousands of Metro commuters (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012