Metro contractor’s office gutted in Noida

March 28th, 2009 - 11:32 pm ICT by IANS  

Noida, March 28 (IANS) A Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) contractor’s office in Noida was gutted in a major fire Saturday, officials said.
Electrical short circuit was said to have caused the fire, which erupted around 6 a.m., destroying some computers, stationary and some important documents in the Sector-37 site office of Gammon India, a DMRC contracting firm.

It took two hours for four fire tenders to control the blaze, A.B. Pandey of the fire service said.

Anuj Dayal, a DMRC spokesman, said: “The fire broke out at the administrative office of our contractor’s firm Gammon India, working for us. The documents gutted were some of administrative records of that firm.”

In another fire, jewellery worth lakhs of rupees was damaged at a store in Sadarpur. Electrical short circuit was the cause of the fire in the jewellery store owned by Raman Singh, officials said.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |