Merger of Reliance Industries, fuel exporting arm approvedMarch 2nd, 2009 - 12:30 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 2 (IANS) In one of the largest merger deals in India, Reliance Petroleum will merge with its parent and the country’s biggest company, Reliance Industries, in what the promoters say will create better synergies for them in the hydrocarbons space.
The board of the two companies met here Monday to unanimously approve the merger in the ratio of one share of Reliance Industries for every 16 shares of Reliance Petroleum. The merger will be subject to necessary regulatory and legal approvals.
“This merger follows Reliance Industries’ philosophy of creating enduring value for all our stakeholders,” said Mukesh Ambani, chairman of the $34.7-billion oil-to-retail group. “It is a significant step in our goal to be among the largest global companies.”
The merger, approved before the opening of Indian stock markets Monday, resulted in the shares of Reliance Industries to start trading at Rs.1,249, marginally lower than its previous close, while those of Reliance Petroleum opened higher at Rs.82, compared with Rs.76.20 at close Friday.
The merger will result in a combined crude oil processing of 1.24 million barrels per day, to make the joint entity’s refining capacity the largest in the world in a single location, the two companies said in a statement.
- Merger of Reliance Industries, oil-exporting arm approved (Lead) - Mar 02, 2009
- Reliance Industries net profit up 14 percent - Apr 21, 2011
- Reliance Industries net profit rises 15.8 percent - Oct 15, 2011
- Two Anil Ambani group firms propose $11 bn merger deal - Jul 04, 2010
- Shareholders approve Reliance Power-RNRL merger - Sep 06, 2010
- BP to buy 30 percent stake in RIL oil blocks for $7.2 bn - Feb 21, 2011
- Vedanta merges units to create India's largest resources firm (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- BP announces $7.2 billion partnership in India - Feb 21, 2011
- Reliance Industries net up 6.1 percent (Lead) - Apr 23, 2010
- Reliance Industries violated gas contract: Auditor - Sep 08, 2011
- High Court approves RNRL merger with R-Power - Oct 15, 2010
- Vedanta to consolidate subsidiaries into single entity - Feb 25, 2012
- Reliance gets approval for $7.2 billion BP deal - Aug 09, 2011
- Suzuki Powertrain to merge with Maruti Suzuki - Jun 12, 2012
- Reliance Petroleum posts Rs.84 crore net profit - Apr 23, 2009