Mercy sought for man who poisoned motherMarch 28th, 2012 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 28 (IANS) Relatives and neighbours of a Chinese villager who gave a fatal dose of pesticide to his bedridden elderly mother have sought leniency for him, saying it was a suicide.
Prosecutors in Guangzhou city, however, have accused Deng Mingjian, a migrant worker from Sichuan province, of murder, the Shanghai Daily reported.
Deng provided his 73-year-old mother pesticide last May in his rented house in Guangzhou’s Panyu District.
The woman, who was not named, had been paralysed for 20 years after two strokes and suffered complications. She said she wanted to die, the Panyu District People’s Court was told by Deng’s relatives and his former neighbours in Sichuan.
According to the Nanfang Daily, the villagers told the court, her son never complained despite her bad tempor and even would carry her on his back for medicine.
Deng Mingjian’s sister, Deng Mingfang, told the court that her mother had said she wanted to die.
Tang Chengkui, Deng ’s lawyer, said his client had been “forced” to buy the pesticide. He called for a leniency, arguing that Deng merely met his mothers’s demands, rather than planning to kill her.
No verdict was announced.
- Chinese man jailed for helping mother commit suicide - May 31, 2012
- Chinese mother poisons herself, three kids - Apr 04, 2012
- Chinese woman poisons herself, three kids - Apr 01, 2012
- Woman held for helping brother commit suicide - Jul 18, 2012
- Public sympathy for Chinese woman who killed two kids - May 18, 2011
- Man kills girlfriend by stabbing over 30 times - Sep 29, 2011
- Chinese family gets compensation for forced abortion - Jul 11, 2012
- Woman pardons mother who cut off her ears - Dec 28, 2011
- Andhra woman seeks mercy killing for paralysed son - Feb 07, 2012
- Andhra woman seeks euthanasia for paralysed son (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- Chinese woman kills mother-in-law, toddler - Sep 12, 2012
- 'Harry Potter' actress asked judge not to jail brother - Jan 22, 2011
- Chinese mother jailed for drowning twins - Jun 29, 2011
- Teacher buried pupil who choked to death - Apr 08, 2011
- China frees beautician who killed official - Jun 16, 2009
Tags: beijing, deng, elderly mother, lawyer, leniency, migrant worker, nanfang, neighbours, old mother, panyu, pesticide, prosecutors, relatives, shanghai, sichuan province, strokes, suicide, tang, tempor, villager