Mercury remains high as rain eludes Delhi (Lead)June 24th, 2012 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 24 (IANS) Delhi residents experienced a blistering hot end to the week with temperatures shooting up to 42.1 degrees Celsius - five notches above average - Sunday as the rainy weekend forecast failed to materialise. Some rain is now expected Monday.
Adding to the discomfort, the minimum temperature Sunday also settled five notches above average, at 33.3 degrees, while humidity wavered between a high and low of 41 and 32 percent.
The met department has now forecast light rain in some parts of the capital Monday. The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to hover around 41 and 32 degrees respectively.
“The sky will be partly cloudy and light rain is expected in some parts of the capital,” said an official of India Meterological Department.
- Cloudy Sunday in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rain likely - Jun 25, 2012
- Light rains in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 02, 2012
- Sultry Friday in Delhi, no rain again (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Delhi sees season's hottest day, rain likely Friday (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Light rains forecast for Delhi Tuesday - Jun 05, 2012
- Week starts on scorching note for Delhi (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Sultry Monday for Delhi, rains likely Tuesday (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Delhi has another hot day, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Breezy day in capital, rains expected Saturday (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Light rain for Delhi Sunday, heavy showers likely Monday (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Rains expected in Delhi Saturday (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Hot Saturday in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Hot, humid Saturday in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Rains lash Delhi, more likely Saturday (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012