Mercedes car runs over five-year-old boyAugust 2nd, 2008 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 2 (IANS) A five-year-old boy, whose family had shifted here from Haryana’s Sonepat town so that better education could be provided to him, was run over Saturday by a Mercedes car when he was crossing the road to go to a park, the police said. The only child of his parents, Akshit was crossing the road in front of his house in sector 28 at 1.45 p.m. to enter a park when a black Mercedes car hit him and sped away, leaving the boy bleeding profusely on the road.
He was taken to Government Medical College and Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
“We had shifted to Chandigarh from Sonepat around 15 days ago for the better educational prospects for Akshit. Our life was shattered due to my son’s death. I am totally clueless and do not know that what to do know,” said Vikas, the inconsolable father.
“The car dragged Akshit up to a distance of 200-300 metres. If the driver had stopped the car immediately, then we may have been able to save the boy. He had sustained major injuries,” Shallu, an eyewitness, told IANS.
“It is a hit and run case and we have circulated the number of the car at all the check points of the region,” said Raghbir Singh, station head officer of police station, sector-26, Chandigarh.
“We have received a tip off that the car involved in the accident belongs to a businessman’s family residing in Panchkula and was driven by a youth aged 25-26,” said a police official.
- Bustle back at Israeli embassy car blast site - Feb 14, 2012
- Singer Mika Singh Saves A Road Accident Victim - Jul 06, 2010
- Lawyer attacked outside Chandigarh court premises - Feb 15, 2011
- Global Positioning System helps in tracing stolen car - Oct 28, 2010
- Smashed windows, burnt car and barricades at blast site - Feb 14, 2012
- Speeding Mercedes kills constable, injures another in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Punjab BJP leader injured in road accident - Dec 26, 2010
- Four-year-old killed in hit-and-run case - Feb 25, 2011
- Blast in Israel embassy car injures four, Iran blamed (Intro Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Three mowed down by speeding vehicle - Aug 23, 2011
- CCTV footage from area near blast site being collected: Police - Feb 14, 2012
- One killed, 24 injured in Kashmir car bomb blast (Second Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Driver Crashes Twice AFTER Being Pulled Over by Cops - Nov 18, 2010
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- On Delhi roads, tempers rise with temperatures - Apr 06, 2012