Mercedes-Benz is official partner of Noida F1 trackAugust 24th, 2011 - 6:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 24 (IANS) Luxury automobile major Mercedes-Benz Wednesday said it had become the official automobile partner to the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida, which will host the inaugural Indian Formula One (F1) race in October.
“We have become the official automobile partner to the circuit for three years. Our cars will be used as safety and monitor vehicles in the circuit for all the events held at the track,” Debashis Mitra, director sales and marketing, Mercedes-Benz India, told IANS.
The company gifted a Rs.6 crore state-of-the-art SLS AMG sports car to the circuit for use as an official safety and fast intervention vehicle.
According to Mitra, the tie-up with the Jaypee Group promoted race circuit was an attempt by the company to reach out to more customers.
“We are known for luxury in India, but we also want the people to know of the role of Mercedes-Benz in the racing world, our team and latest racing technologies that we imbibe in all our vehicles.”
The company also revealed a slew of promotional activities before and after the F1 race. These include a youth-based show in collaboration with MTV, a street race in Mumbai in the third week of October and the setting-up of a performance driving academy in India by 2012.
“We have many activities which are youth based like reaching out to colleges, malls and other places. This will show the new side of the company,” Peter Honegg, managing director and chief executive, Mercedes-Benz, told IANS.
The company did not disclose the investments that will be utilised to set up the performance driving academy.
The academy would only be the fourth such facility after Germany, US, China, and will be based out of the circuit, where experienced race car drivers will give practice lessons.
The company further said that the tickets to the inaugural F1 would now be available at its dealerships, and that the customers who book a Mercedes car after Sep 1, would be offered a chance to drive on the race track.
- Mercedes and Jaypee Sports launch performance driving academy - Jan 04, 2012
- Mercedes to set up driving academy in India - Aug 24, 2011
- Learn the art of speed on F1 race track - Oct 03, 2011
- Mercedes to retail exclusive apparel and accessories - Sep 13, 2010
- Mercedes launches the new M-Class - Jan 05, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz sells 90 C-class cars' to Carzonrent - Jul 18, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz launches new M-Class in India - May 15, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz India to hike car prices from May 1 - Apr 26, 2011
- Mercedes launches 3D stimulator, luxury apparels - Sep 08, 2010
- Indian F1 promoters hope to break even in three years - Oct 18, 2011
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz sales soar - Apr 05, 2012
- Honegg to replace Aulbur as Mercedes' India chief - Nov 27, 2010
- India's Formula-1 track promoters sure of breaking even - Aug 24, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz India to roll out entry-level cars - May 03, 2011
Tags: crore, director sales, driving academy, formula one, greater noida, intervention vehicle, jaypee group, luxury automobile, managing director, mercedes benz, mercedes benz india, mercedes car, mtv, New Delhi, promotional activities, race car drivers, rs 6, sales and marketing, slew, sports car